Future of the Forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of the Forum

YES, I'M SHOUTING! I'VE (RELUCTANTLY) JUST PAID ANOTHER $99 FOR A FURTHER YEAR'S HOSTING. WHY DID I BOTHER? THERE'S BEEN ABOUT SIX POSTINGS IN THE LAST MONTH.

ESSENTIALLY, IF USE OF THE FORUM DOESN'T IMPROVE SIGNIFICANTLY IN THE NEXT MONTH THEN I'M PULLING THE PIN AND YOU CAN ALL GET ON WITH IT. EVERY TIME I LOOK THERE'S "NO MEMBERS, 65 VISITORS". WHY AM I PAYING FOR VISITORS?

I WILL SEND THE VARIOUS PASSWORDS ETC TO WHOMEVER WANTS IT, BUT I WILL WASH MY HANDS OF IT.

SO THERE!
    When I was a boy....

For example, no-one has even bothered to answer BruceHornet's question about motor mounts - that's something that would never have happened in the past.
    When I was a boy....

Comment

I can understand your frustration Doug with the lack of interest in the forum compared to past years. Personally I don’t see why it’s gone that way, with an ever increasing number of plastic boats on the market.

I’m a visitor most days and click on the “todays posts” tab and usually come up with a blank. Which means there’s no point in logging on.
      5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

I visit often too. I.e. I look at the new topics tab, and it is a bit quiet, though there may be other conversations on the go, that are not new-topics as such.

Is there a way to have a tab for "active Topics"?

ps. I just got back from Bribie (outside) and found a flock of Spotties. All smallies. Good fun though. A large Schoolie committed Harry Carry and I took it home. I stopped counting at 20. They were thick

Comment

I used to admit about ten new people a month. I haven't had a single request in three months.
          When I was a boy....

Comment

Definitely a slow down on the forum, the content seems to have changed I think. New topic bar doesn't show your own replies or threads either which makes me think there has been no action on the site without digging deeper.
            Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Poly forum.

Ladies and gentlemen let me first introduced myself as Bones. I've haven't been on this site for quite some time, due to personnel stuff which, just that personnel stuff.

I've posted on this site from overseas to stay in contact with this motley crew.

I'm just submitting these words as encouragement/support of Doug. Still don't like the blue bell uniform wearing bastard. But seems once u connect on many professional levels it's hard to let go.

I was first made aware of this site in early 2004, and joined 2005. In those day Dave was the administrator, and we had a regular Tue night chat forum. This Tue night was a all in no hole barred full on bullshit woffle talking evening. But from that many new treads and additional comments were added to already raised threads. The information highway that was created in ref to Polycraft vessels was and still is of the highest order. Although Polycraft never came to the part to support the site in those days we did receive many useful hints and options from people within the poly mold vessel trade or community. I for one would support a nominal fee to Doug Malt supplies to assist in continuing the poly site. We have on many occasions done this as a team. In saying that we as a group of good looking members, (minus Doug) raised coin to support a emergency services guy we didn't know from a bar of soap, that was injured on the job in a near tragic accident.

The over all support that can be shown on this site is the main reason Polycraft forum exist. I for one hung on many words conversations on this site that increase my understanding of this vessel type, and still to this day have people come up and ask at boat ramp or out on the water it that "is a poly craft"" how do u find it".

The Bonefide poly craft has big red letters down the side saying " POLYCRAFT" must just be lack of air being this high up north on the map that makes reading very hard for people until yu use ta it..

Hopefully I'm forgiven for my absence and Doug and the other crew on here will forgive me.

If not get stuffed still gunna annoy the shit out of u lot and post.

Not the best person to suggest support for this site due to absence but would have the knowledge or mates that have now without this site.

For all the old peanut crew F off with your comments ref mates or me having knowledge.

Cheers Bones.
              Poly forum.

Last edited by Bones; 08-01-2018, 23:25.

Comment

the chat nights were a hoot hey bones!
                Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Tuesday night chat nights with a few drinks were great ! Maybe in recent times with Facebook and the like it has taken over since this site was really singing!
                  Cheers
                  Giffo

I don't get drunk ! I get awsome !

Comment

What Mcgyver said..... "New topic bar doesn't show your own replies or threads either which makes me think there has been no action on the site without digging deeper."

I used to always go to the Active Topics button on the old software site whatsaname, and could see what was going on, and give exxcellent comments to what I thought I could

Doug, oh Mighty Doug, is it possible to add an "Active Topics" button to the main page thingy? You know, so i , and macgiver and the maybe others, don't have to search around every forum topic to see what everyone is talkin' about.

ps, I am a hands on ops sort of guy and have absolutely zero idea about software and other soft things like that.
                    pps. I am drinking as I type this even though it is a Thursday night; albeit Australia Day Eve.
                    ppps. What is The Facebook?
                    Last edited by HDPElagic; 26-01-2018, 00:22.

Comment

Sorry lads been MIA for a while with working nights the last few years.
                      Grey is still the best colour, matches my head.
                      Will post some updates of fishing in Northern NSW soon.

Habes out.
                      Last edited by Habes; 28-01-2018, 13:55.
                      Habes
                      Far North Coast NSW

"Tight lines and white knuckles"

*** 4.1 Challenger Open *** 40 Hp Tohatsu *** 55lb MinnKota AP ***

Comment

Working...
                      X