No announcement yet.

Disco's Fishing Adventures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great posts disco and glad to see you are back catching fish.
    5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

• Photobucket comes in and ruins the thread. Honestly the way they have acted is borderline criminal. But anyway, I won't be updating the posts as I've done a few on my website and it takes forever! But I will keep posting with good photos (if I ever get back in the water)

Otherwise everything will be at www.tidesandtrails.com and the broken links will eventually get fixed.
      www.tidesandtrails.com
      My camping and fishing stories, including some cool locations

Comment

• Cape Conran - Boo the BOM
        January 8-10

One of those trips.

Was supposed to be Wednesday Thursday. Next thing you know its Sunday and the weather says the only good days will be Monday Tuesday. I pack the car up and just before I leave the weather has changed again. Now Tuesday/Wednesday. So on Monday I drive 5 hours to cape conran... BOM update is issued 5pm Monday to say that there will be no fishing on Tuesday.

But come Tuesday, the weather is actually pretty good. Nevertheless the boat ramp is really prone to westerly wind and we aren't going out. Instead we target bream and fail in the river. Quite annoying as we easily could have got a sunrise to 4pm fish in, when the wind hits. Or even midday you know?

The next day is 50/50 according to the BOM, but when we wake up there is zero chance of getting out. So I go back. My wife and future deckie are away so this is the only chance I've had in a while.

Ah well, nothing you can do about weather.

Caught:
        Skipper: Nothing
        Dad: Nothing
        Me: One mullet

www.tidesandtrails.com

Comment

• I hate when you cancel a trip due to poor forecast then wake up and you could have gone.
          Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

• Just checking in to say hi. Last two years I've been fairly absent. For a few reasons
            - got a kid & I'm the stay-at-home
            - decided to go back to uni, nearly finished a law degree
            - plus a bit of work
            So I'm very busy & my spare time needs to be studying..

Plus my poly is sold & with so little free time (and a little human who needs regular naps during the day) fishing is quite difficult. Wife works full time and studying part time, that is also coming to an end.

Hope everyone is well. My happy future is just on my horizon maybe a year away. Haha. Take it easy,
            Disco
            www.tidesandtrails.com

Comment

• Not a lot happening on this thread disco, your letting the team down, you always had lots of interesting stuff to say.

5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Working...
              X