No announcement yet.

Redcliffe session today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention there was a white 4.8 or 5.3 centre consol Polycraft close to us at Redcliffe. Looked like a middle aged couple in it.
    5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Now that most boaties have gone back to work I can get back to fishing.

The target today were Grassies, fishing both Scarborough and Redcliffe. They are a few around this time of year and the resident Bream keep you entertained as well.

Plenty of Mac’s but would not touch a ganged hook pili on 60lb fluorocarbon . Yet would attack a white bait on 12lb meant for Grassies and bite you off, though managed to boat one of them eventually, just, the line parted as it went into the net.

Comment

gee it has been busy on the water the last few weeks! nice catch there frank
        Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Tried a new mark at Redcliffe today, which like the rest of my marks in this area came from Google Earth. Put a few Bream in the esky but no Grassies, which was the target fish. Couple of Mac’s hooked but not boated. Went quiet after a while so fished one of my Scarbie spots for a few more Bream, but still no Grassies. Still a good day though.

Comment

A good day? I rate days like that as an Excellent day! Way to go Frank

Comment

Been 2 years since I fished the Bill Turner arti, so gave it a try today. Fished for about 20 minutes, not a single bite in that time so went to fish my regular Redcliffe marks. Heaps of Sharks, with 4 being netted and cut lose, a few others bit us off and one busted my rod.

So, went to Scarborough in the hope of getting a few Grassies, which we did. Last week we could only catch Bream at this spot.

The Sharks incidentally are small Bronze Whalers, they are the fish that are sold as Flake at your local fish shop. So, if you like Flake, you can fill an esky full at Redcliffe at the moment.

Comment

Nice one! another reliable feed.
                Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Got three pan size Grassies at Scarborough two weeks ago, so gave the same area a fish today in the hope of getting a few more. Same tides but not a Grassie to be seen, plenty of small bream though. Upped the keeper size to 27cm after a while, which kept the total in the esky down to 10.

Comment

Gave my marks at Scarborough a bash today, water quality wasn’t all that good after all the rain we’ve had. Plenty of small Bream around as usual, so upped the keeper size to 27cm from the start.

So only three made the esky, plus a small 33cm Grassie, didn’t bother with a photo.

Comment

Finally got out for a fish today after all the wet and windy weather over the last few weeks, surprised at the water quality considering all the rain we’ve had.

Heaps of small stuff with the odd one big enough to go in the esky.

Comment

Great day weatherwise for a trip over the bay to Redcliffe and Scarborough for a fish. Been plenty of Bream around lately at both locations. Fished Redcliffe first till a current line showed up with heaps of weed and dirty water, don’t know where it came from but there wasn’t any fish in it. So left there to try a few of my marks at Scarborough which produced a few more Bream.

No Macs around just Sharks, which were cut loose at the side of the boat.

Comment

Been away on holiday for a few weeks and lousy boating weather has kept me off the water for a while. Finally got out for a fish last Thursday at our usual marks.

Couldn’t fish the first couple of spots because of all the pickers, so tried a spot just off the side of the reef/weed structure and first fish on board was a Flathead.

So gave the area a drift with plastics for a while and we put another three in the esky, also marked some interesting structure on the sounder as we went.

Spot locked over one of them and got the burley working for the rest of the fish.

Comment

Way-to-go pFrank! I had a go on the weekend. It was too blowy in the Bay so I kept inside and headed upstream through the Passage. There were 8 x fish and 8 x species boated. 1 x 30cm Toady. A Squire, a Grassey, a Bream, a Moses Perch, a 900mm Shovel-nose, a good sized Estuary Cod, and a (big) GT....rod bending reel screaming fun. The waterway looks healthy!

Comment

Great haul. Those duskys are a good eating size.
                              Habes
                              Far North Coast NSW

"Tight lines and white knuckles"

*** 4.1 Challenger Open *** 40 Hp Tohatsu *** 55lb MinnKota AP ***

Comment

Yes those Duskys are nice eating at that size.

Quite a variety there HDPE.

Comment

Working...
                                X