No announcement yet.

Redcliffe session today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank ill have to come fishing with you when i visit down there mate, whenever that happens haha, so many bream there..
    and yes 4lb is standard leader size for bream comps.
    have you tried blades/ vibes for bream?

Comment

Your more than welcome to come for a fish Purple5ive.

I have not tried blades, but if the vibes your talking about are those little fat bibed lures with a rattle inside then yes, I have for a short time with no results. Also, plastics with less success than the wife who prefers baited jig heads.
      5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

nah vibes are just blades but made of plastic instead of metal

so blades are metal, and vibes are same thing just in resin/plastic.

yeah i catch all my bream on lures, those yellowfin bream are even easier to catch on lures, give it a good go, once you work it out its no turning back.

Comment

I use plastics in other places Purple5ive but rarely in this location because of the thick weed. Have tried just letting them sink to the bottom without working them with limited results, wife easily out fishes me with bait.

Went over to Redcliffe for a fish today, heaps of small stuff again at all the marks we tried, with only three getting over our 27cm keepers size. Didn’t bother with a pic.

Comment

ahh yes weed can be a PITA, use a weedless jig head with a paddle tail type plastic. should get into a few. does the weed stop at a certain height or is it all through the water column?

Comment

The weed that is a problem as far as snagging goes at Redcliffe is attached to the bottom.

We like using curl tail plastics on 1/4oz jig heads in the Bribie passage. Drifting with the current, even in water as much as 12mtr deep, using the Minn Kota to neutralise the wind and it works well on all species.

Spot locked in 3-4mtr of water at Redcliffe and casting out away from the boat with plastics and working them back is a nonstarter for me. The wife will beat me hands down with here drifted bait every time.

Comment

Good session at Redcliffe today after a couple of tough trips. Busted my theory of not landing 30cm plus Bream lately because the water quality was so good they were shy of my standard leader of 12lb fluoro.

Been down this track before with 6lb and 12lb 2mtr long leaders making no difference in the quality of fish caught, but that was in 6-7mtr water. This is 2.5-4mtr and the water clarity is very good. Anyway two 30cm plus models were already in the esky caught on 12lb, while I’ve lost two jig heads in the weeds with the 6lb line. So gave the 6lb the arse and very happy with the final tally, plus one Mac.

Comment

A sensational effort pF. Sensational. You are a fishing Sensei

Comment

Thanks HDPE.

Finally got back on the water today after a three-week holiday overseas and on getting back the only good boating weather at Bribie coinciding with the weekend.

Good session last time out so tried the same spot, same tide and conditions but no fish. So had to go look for them and after a few spots got onto some small 26-27cm Bream and small Snapper.

Finally one Snapper was big enough to keep caught on a small pili, also busted off a couple of times by I don’t know what.

Could have been Macs as we did end up catching a couple.

Comment

Working...
                    X