Jack season 2017/18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack season 2017/18

I thought I might start a thread to cover my jack season (and other fishing adventures) for this year.

So far I have had a fairly good start with 2 donut trips and 2 successful trips which is not bad at all for me! My total so far is 5 jacks.
    Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

And a couple more pics
    Just wingin it.

Comment

Nice fish MG.

Thatís a species of fish Iíve never targeted, even though they are a great fighting fish and fun to catch.
      5.3 walk through cuddy Ė 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke Ė 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Nice jacks m8.

Comment

I have fished for them down on the Goldy here,I love to use poddy mullet with a hook in the lip, and toss them at snags and hold on ! There is one swimming around Currumbin creek with my mates lip grips in its mouth from last year lol
          Cheers
          Giffo

I don't get drunk ! I get awsome !

Comment

Polys are the perfect boat for getting up close and personal in Jack real estate. I fished some pylons on the weekend in my glass boat and spent more time concentrating on keeping the hull off the barnacles than fishing.
            I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.

Comment

Had a fun day yesterday, got another jack in a local creek. Also had a fun surface session on some small hungry tarpon.

Oh and I managed to land a north brisbane barra!!!!
              Attached Files
              Just wingin it.

Comment

Looks like a great time!

Comment

Damn, some fine fish Mcgyver, some fat little khunts there, whats the rough location ??

Comment

All local to me, north Brisbane/sunshine coast
                    Just wingin it.

Comment

Originally posted by polyFrank View Post
                      Nice fish MG.

Thatís a species of fish Iíve never targeted, even though they are a great fighting fish and fun to catch.
                      And brilliant eating. I once caught a barra, threadie and a jack in a trip. Decided to cook all 3 and do some blind testing. Both wife and I had the jack #1.

(I had threadie 2 and barra 3, wife said she couldn't tell between threadie and barra)
                      www.tidesandtrails.com
                      My camping and fishing stories, including some cool locations

Comment

Yeah, absolutely nothing wrong with a Jack!!!! Love em.

Comment

Went for another run on Saturday and got another good haul of jacks. Managed to get them on poppers, surface plastics, hard bodies and plastics! A lot of smaller fish, few pics
                          Attached Files
                          Just wingin it.

Comment

Working...
                          X