Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Bait Tanks

Hi All,

I've just become a polyboat owner. So far am absolutely loving it. Only been out once on a nice day but looking forward to getting out wide and testing her limitations.

Looking for reccomendations in converting the tank on the starboard side stern into a live bait tank, wonder if anyone here has done it and how?

Will get some pics up of what the tank looks like now once I get home.

Cheers,

OD

Hi OD, I take delivery of my polycraft 450 in another 2 or 3 weeks from Brisbane Yamaha and I'm getting them to plumb 1 of the rear wells up as a live bait tank. So in a few weeks i'll be able to post pics of how they did it.

Comment

have you got your tub yet cassawary?

Comment

I could be wrong, but I /think/ the rear deck/transom in the 4.5 and the 5.3 are different.

Chatting to Steve from Polycraft, in the 4.5 I believe they take the rear seat/well and insert a "baitbox" in there, like the one in the pic below (there's also a "storage/ice" box you can get). The baitbox has a bump in it which is designed to take a fitting, allowing it to be plumbed in as a live bait tank.

I'm pretty sure the 5.3 (like the 4.8) doesn't have those rear wells??

That said, I'm assuming Brisbane Yamaha are doing it that way......they could of course be installing an after-market arrangement.

450 bait box.jpg
        Last edited by acidstone; 29-10-2018, 17:19.

Comment

For reference, without the inserted box.....

450 drifter standard storage.jpg

Comment

Just got it , cant show you the pump because the well has been sealed in place.

Comment

Originally posted by acidstone View Post
              I could be wrong, but I /think/ the rear deck/transom in the 4.5 and the 5.3 are different.

Chatting to Steve from Polycraft, in the 4.5 I believe they take the rear seat/well and insert a "baitbox" in there, like the one in the pic below (there's also a "storage/ice" box you can get). The baitbox has a bump in it which is designed to take a fitting, allowing it to be plumbed in as a live bait tank.

I'm pretty sure the 5.3 (like the 4.8) doesn't have those rear wells??

That said, I'm assuming Brisbane Yamaha are doing it that way......they could of course be installing an after-market arrangement.

450 bait box.jpg
              Did you get those pictures from polycraft? I think that is my boat in the picture haha. its got brisbane yamaha written on the trans plate!

Comment

LOL....I did indeed get the pics form Polycraft.
                Looks like your boat is now the pin-up for the factory wells!!!

Comment

Working...
                X