Transducer Placement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transducer Placement

just after advice from the brains trust as to transducer placement on this hull. There’s not a lot of room between the chines but what do you all think?
    I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.

Heres some options...
    I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.

Comment

I'm a simple soul with just three degrees, but No 1 seems logical to me. No 2 is at risk from the skids and 3 is miles away from the midline.

But I'm willing to read other opinions before deleting them.
      When I was a boy....

Comment

Thanks Doug. That was my first choice but there’s not a lot of width to try and pickup some clean water. Although in saying that I’ll be on the electric 99% of the time so probably won’t have rooster tails streaming out the back.

Comment

Sorry to display my ignorance, but how much lateral distance would you need from the motor leg to get clean water? I'd have assumed the prop is aft of the transducer (when considering it from a water flow perspective), and so shouldn't create turbulence ahead of itself. Regarding the leg, it would appear to be parallel to the transducer, so I'd have thought you'd only need maybe 300mm of lateral spacing to get clean water. Or does the prop impact the incoming water in some fashion or the leg create more turbulence?

I'll bite Doug; what are your 3 degrees?

Comment

MBChB, DA, FANZCA. Don't ask me what they stand for though - I'm too demented to remember. But I did sniff a lot of gas, which may have something to do with it.
            When I was a boy....

Comment

Holy snapping ducks Doug, that's some damn impressive quals!

Comment

Oh, and I forgot "VD and Scar".
                When I was a boy....

Comment

That is the position of my transducer with side scan and it works fine.
                  5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Hey Frank how did you secure the poly block behind your transducer to the hull?

Comment

The polly block was screwed on with csk ss screws.
                      5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Working...
                      X