Announcement

Collapse

Clock's ticking

I need to have a volunteer to take over as El Presidente by the 20th.

I went to the doc this afternoon and I've had an entirely new pathology added to my already lengthy list. Soon I may be needing a guide dog and a white stick and I've never met a Labrador yet that can type, never mind the spilling and pinctuation;

I really am serious guys - I am no longer able or willing to do the few simple tasks required to keep the site running. Can I have a volunteer even if he thinks that he can palm it off later. It isn't that difficult altho someone with computer skills and an interest could do a lot with the "raw" site.

Over to you, Blue Leader (I was RAF, so that makes sense if you fought in the Battle of Britain like me.)
See more
See less

POLINATOR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi McGyver,
    great work on the boat.

Just wanted to check your 80lb electric motor installation has held up alright with the plastic welding and sikafex?
    i just got a quote for installing an 80lb motorguide on my 4.8 polycraft and they quoted around $1,500 for making up an aluminium base plate and bolting it on as well as cutting and modifiying the rails. A fair bit more than I expected.

Will need to be a very solid connection as will be driving corrugated roads fairly often to get to fishing spots.

Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
      Hi McGyver,
      great work on the boat.

Just wanted to check your 80lb electric motor installation has held up alright with the plastic welding and sikafex?
      i just got a quote for installing an 80lb motorguide on my 4.8 polycraft and they quoted around $1,500 for making up an aluminium base plate and bolting it on as well as cutting and modifiying the rails. A fair bit more than I expected.

Will need to be a very solid connection as will be driving corrugated roads fairly often to get to fishing spots.

Cheers
      Yes it has held up really well, to be honest I think if I had to do it again I would just mount the fixed part of the quick release bracket to the hull with bolts and be done with all the messing around.
      Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

• Well it's the end of a long relationship for me. I sold the 4.55.

I was quite sad watching it roll out the driveway. But now I have a spare space in the shed so it only seems logical to do a new build. Exciting times ahead!

I hope people enjoyed this thread and maybe got a bit of handy info out of it.

Cheers, Lindsay.
        Just wingin it.

Comment

• Bigger boat MG?
          5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

• Originally posted by polyFrank View Post
            Bigger boat MG?
            Sure am frank, i'm going to be setting out a doozey of a 4.8.
            Just wingin it.

Comment

• Nice one mayte. Saw it on Gumtree for a while.
              I am going go to 4.8 next year too. Side or centre/con?
              Habes
              Far North Coast NSW

"Tight lines and white knuckles"

*** 4.1 Challenger Open *** 40 Hp Tohatsu *** 55lb MinnKota AP ***

Comment

• Get a 5.3, good solid boat for your Northern bay trips MG.
                5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

• I do like the 4.8,look like a lot more room than the 455
                  Cheers
                  Giffo

I don't get drunk ! I get awsome !

Comment

• For what its worth Giffo I agree. Ive had my 4.5 for nearly a year and I saw a local bloke with a 4.8 CC at the small ramp at Golden Beach near Caloundra.

Hed just powered it through the Caloundra bar and snagged a clutch of mega snapper. What struck me about the 4.8 is the gunwhale width compared to the 4.5, its relative deck space and what hed done with it (dual screen sounders & large ice chest that formed more casting deck up front).

He had maxed out the power with a 4 stroke 90, and was telling the Mrs and I that hed had it as far as 50km offshore, which is when I asked who he was because I was a bit sceptical- turns out him and his boat were the real deal, hes had the Poly all the way up to the Cape, backed it into rivers and creeks in all sorts of places. The boat has been rewelded a few times (given its history understandable), and has had very Big spray chines fitted - hes smashed it basically and Id suggest not many other boats of that size could hack it. The trailer was reworked with wheels and tyres that matched his 4WD, so hes done some common sense mods.

Hes on YouTube- calls himself GT Buster Jones. Hes quite a character and the boat told its own story.

So if McGyver says hes got the doozy refit, not only do I believe it given his undoubted ability, but given what Ive seen from the bloke Ive mentioned above Im massively impressed with the 4.8 over my little 4.5. But even with drawbar conversion its all I can fit in my garage unless I go diagonal.

Paul.

Comment

Working...
                    X