X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve540
    started a topic Smartwave SW 3500

Smartwave SW 3500

Well it would seem I've come down with a bad case of smartwave influenza.....

So I sold my SW 4200 earlier this year and replaced it with a 3m Piranha lol, I know.... fun boat but I'm gunna need space for a third body this summer (father in-law) so I've been stalking scumtree heavily for the last few months looking for another SW3500. Yeap already had one but I felt it was a smidge under powered with the 18hp Envinrude it came with.

Anyway a Blue 3500 with a Merc 25hp popped up in Brisbane, long story short I took the owners word on its condition and made a 10hr trip on saturday, boat was as described, about 10hrs use, a few scratched on the hull from traps and net casting, but still a stright honest boat with a very healthy short shaft Merc 2 stroke. Price was very very favorable, safetly gear, 2 fuel tanks, a Lowrance HDS-5x and a trailer that looked like it hadnt touched salt water had me grinning all the way back to Sydney yesterday.

As it was a 2012 boat and motor I thought a quick service at my local Tohatsu mechanic would give me peace of mind. Gearbox oil, impellor replaced, a 30hp carby gasket was installed to up the power from 25hp.

Anyway a few plans for the boat, piss off the silly middle storage seat and put a central storage box/seat and I have some plans about a quick release Spray deflector set up.

test run not for a few weeks due to work in 2 other states.

• Steve540
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    OK Wyangala came and went, 41 C for a few days, afew Cod caught n drank too much piss. Carby blocked but I managed to clear it after driving home by opening the nut underneath the Carby.

Busy with other stuff over the break I finally ripped back into Smartwave, Liquid nails and some Marine carpet from Bunning. Mate guilotined the floor back about 10cm and I finally found a solution to the onboard esky/seat set up.

50L Promarine cooler from Bunning which has nice little slot to run an ocky strap thru. Ive attched some metal loops to the floor and I will be able to run the Esky/Seat in 2 configurations. Stoked with the result and looking forward to testing.

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    marine carpet went in a few days ago, 30hp and by myself its a handful, Im going to move the console back 10cm just to get a bit more weight rearward.

Heading off to Wyanagala Dam tmw for 3 days of Cod and yella belly fishing. Tow rope and mat will be taken, see if it has enough grunt to tow a few kids.

Leave a comment:

• troppo_sean
    replied
    In fact, looking at that steering set up, you could build a flat deck in front of the console similar to what i did. You'd have a higher area at the front to stand on and would gain a significant amount of storage space

Leave a comment:

• troppo_sean
    replied
    That's a great little project Steve, well done mate. I can see why you'd need carpet though - the glare off that plate will be a killer.

Go the foam brother, you won't regret it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    hay Habes, plan was to hide it, but its fairly bloody stiff, I may run it back under half way along.

Spent too much time blood beach fishing ( 20 whiting ) didnt get any time to play with the set up

Leave a comment:

• Habes
    replied
    Nice mod. Guna hide that cable under the floor?

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    So finally got the boat back, happy days. Controls work great and happy with the general set up but I will be chopping the alloy box down by 30% to make it even smaller. Would like a smaller steering wheel but I test this 1 first. Boat will get a run down at Jervis bay this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    thanks mate, getting a wee bit excited, been doing way too much beach fishing lately lol and catching heaps of fish

Leave a comment:

• Warder54
    replied
    That is looking very cool!

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    busy with work and stuff so didnt push the boat dud too much, on track for pick up next week. Is coming along nicely, might trim down the steering box but I will wait til after the control unit is installed.

Leave a comment:

• RichnSal
    replied
    I can see this becoming one of the best 3500s around. Keep up the posts.

Leave a comment:

• Steve540
    replied
    Thanks mate, dropped boat off this morning but I can see he is bloody snowed under with services and motor installs, highly unlikely Ill get it back by friday

Had a good look at a new Tohatsu 20hp 4 stroke they had running and hooked up a laptop, bloody small and impressive and exe lol

Leave a comment:

• Purple5ive
    replied
    LOOKING GREAT MATE!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X