Trim tabs for challenger 4.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giffo View Post

What are you doing home from bingo so early anyway ?
    I got banned again. Google "naked old fart runs amoke at bingo".
    When I was a boy....

Comment

Kfish
      I have found Bennetts online in Australia for $820 for the 12 x9 inch ones.I will fit them myself.I have been told Bennetts have better reaction time.
      The reason for putting them on is the boat sits low at the stern,as the older boats were not designed for the heavier 4 strokes, and it has been retro fitted with a 200 lt fuel tank,which is good, but heavy when full.
      Last edited by Giffo; 30-10-2013, 15:07.
      Cheers
      Giffo

I don't get drunk ! I get awsome !

Comment

Best thing I ever did to the 4.1

I got the 40lb model and have it set at the least load, so possibly the 30lb would be better?
        The boat runs like a wild horse without them.

Comment

Brand?

Hey Slippery, good photo.....what brand are those and are they the fixed type that adjust automatically depending on speed etc
          4.1 SC 40hp Suzuki 4 stroke

Comment

those are the smart tabs.
            Moose Marine
            www.moosemarine.com.au
            info@moosemarine.com.au
            5/227 Wells Rd. Chelsea Heights, Vic . 3196

Comment

What is your opinion of them Moose, use being on a 4.1.....and an approx price please if you stock them.

Thanks

Comment

oh well so far for so good. they are basic. and basic is good right?
                they are about 260 bucks . but no i dont stock them. i would like to though
                Moose Marine
                www.moosemarine.com.au
                info@moosemarine.com.au
                5/227 Wells Rd. Chelsea Heights, Vic . 3196

Comment

Would they make a noticeable difference on a 4.1 that already has a foil?

Would it be worth the money for the benefit received?

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                    I got banned again. Google "naked old fart runs amoke at bingo".
                    Doug did you drive your car into the bingo hall again?
                    I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.

Comment

Hi Slippery, the photo is very helpful, really appreciate it! Just one other question; what size/stroke motor is on the transom of your boat?

Comment

Flybug,

Glad it was some use to you.
                        50 4st.

I had one of the actuators fail after 5 years in the salt due to rust, so I had to decommission the other side untill the replacement arived. It really put me back to when I first ran this boat without them. I didn't know any better.

Very poor out of the hole, high planing speeds and porposed with any out ward trim.

I can trim it out to the max and with the new solas prop I get no cavitaion on high speed turns at full speed.

I would never like to do without them again. Especially out through the bar.

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just seeking an update on the trim tabs, its been a few years since this was posted. I have a 4.1sc 50hp Yamaha 2 stroke and always looking at ways improve it. Any one that has done it would you do it again or would you change something?

Comment

Working...
                          X