Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thru hull transducer

hey PB dudes,

just picked up a Garmin Striker 5CV + for $360 from BCF. Move the older unit up the front to the Leccy to replace and older unit again.

was thinking of rigging it thru hull. Is anyone doing that with their poly? Works on Fibreglass boats but do you need a special transducer?

Habes
    Far North Coast NSW

"Tight lines and white knuckles"

*** 4.1 Challenger Open *** 40 Hp Tohatsu *** 55lb MinnKota AP ***

I installed a Hook7+ in my Hobie kayak through hull and it worked fine. Got to make sure you have no bubbles in the silicon.
    When I was a boy....

Comment

Garmin make a adhesive foam mount called Kayak In-Hull Transducer Mount. Part Number: 010-12357-00

$19.99 USD.

Not sure the for or against for In-Hull, but one would assume less clutter and bubbles from the motor affecting quality.
      Habes
      Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Ended up just setting it as per normal. Needed it for a bass ses session today.
        Habes
        Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Habes
          Far North Coast NSW

Comment

A little late to the party here but shoot through works fine on poly boats, provided the running surface under the transducer is clear of bubbles.

I used a simple wet well setup on a Tuff Tender I used to own. Just a plastic ring All Cleared to the inside of the hull, and topped up with water occasionally.

Obviously this will work through a single skin only, not throug both skins of a hull with an air gap between.

Cheers,

Matt
            Smartwave 3500, Merc 15 Super.

Comment

Working...
            X