Nauticus Smart Tabs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nauticus Smart Tabs

I have recently purchased a Polycraft 4.5 Drifter Centre console powered by a 60HP 4 Stroke Yammy. I have installed a Minn Kota on the port side forward, and a 150AH battery in the storage space near the Minn Kota (port side fwd) . I have noticed that with two people on board that it is difficult to keep the bow down during take-off and unless one person is sitting up the front of the boat I am operating close to max trim down on my motor most of the time. Also because I now have so much weight on the port side (Minn Kota, 35KG battery and 25 ltr fuel tank) that I lean a little to port when underway. I have been looking at the 60lb Nauticus Smart Tabs to hopefully solve my trim issues as well as correct the lean to port.

Has anyone installed these in a 4.5M Polycraft - would love to hear how they performed and would be great to see some photos of a completed installation.

Never used the trim tabs, but my 4.55 always leaned to port, all luggage etc was always stowed to counter this.

Comment

Hey mate, Iv got the smart tabs on my 4.55, my boat would list to port quite harshly before I installed them. Although it still has a slight list it is 100x better since putting the tabs on. The over all performance for me has been positive, mine are set up as the pro troll version so they lock in to a downwards position as I do abit of slow trolling with live baits. My personal opinion is for the price they are a great addition.

I recall one of MG's threads the followed the upgrades on his boat covers him installing the tabs aswell.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

I did a thread on the install of these a fair while ago, a very god upgrade for a 4.55. Also for a 4.55 you'll want the 40lb actuators not the 60.

Cheers
        Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Nauticus Smart Tabs

Thanks guys for you help and photos, Looks like I will be going to install the 40lb Smart Tabs

Comment

Hi, I see from the photos that you have the retractor kit fitted. I was thinking of go that way as well. Do you use the retractors much?

Comment

It just depends on how I'm fishing to how much I use them. If I'm slow trolling livies I will put them down which is effectively to get a super slow troll speed. I don't do any beach launchers or anything like that so I get more use out of them like this opposed to the normal way where they lock up out of the way.

Comment

I recon they are worth it. I am the opposite to Bowds as I don't do any slow trolling but I do use them to stow away for beach launching
                Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

I got the 40lb (red trim) tabs on my 4.55. Wouldn't be without them.
                  Nog

Comment

Originally posted by Bowds13 View Post
                    It just depends on how I'm fishing to how much I use them. If I'm slow trolling livies I will put them down which is effectively to get a super slow troll speed. I don't do any beach launchers or anything like that so I get more use out of them like this opposed to the normal way where they lock up out of the way.
                    Aha - was wondering why the locked so far down

Comment

Fitted the 40lb Nauticus trim tabs and huge improvement in ease to get on the plane and stability at full speed. Highly recommended!

Comment

Working...
                      X