Calling all Zuki 4 Stroke owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...

Just got the boat back after it's first 20hr service after mentioning my troubles.

They determined that the failure to start could be caused by the battery box connection (wing nuts) and have re-terminated directly on the battery terminals.

Overheating: could be due to water pressure on garden hose (leaky) and ill fitting ear muffs (dual feed, more expensive doesn't equal best)

Time will tell I guess
    Tight lines & screamin' reels!

Comment

Looks like Des was on the money

Comment

Indeed he was: the tech said he use's the round ones on Suzuki 40Hp and the big dual feed ones I've been using are for bigger horsed motors..

Bigger ain't always best folkes

Comment

overheating

I have always had my outboard serviced by the Dealer and when they do, it staes of all the details found by the software regarding engine, revs, hours of use and overheating was listed on mine because it happened once, same as yours. I think its important not to let this happen as it will really screw up the resale if the service docs show that it has over heated a few times. Doesn't look good at all. The secret is really to put a piece of tape over those water inlet holes above the prop but under the keg.....remove after flush of course.

Just my obsessive nature.......

DES
          4.1 SC 40hp Suzuki 4 stroke

Comment

Motor ran without flaws for some 15hrs over the weekend: looks like the starting issue was down to non direct contact with the cranking battery

Comment

Originally posted by Des View Post
              I have always had my outboard serviced by the Dealer and when they do, it staes of all the details found by the software regarding engine, revs, hours of use and overheating was listed on mine because it happened once, same as yours. I think its important not to let this happen as it will really screw up the resale if the service docs show that it has over heated a few times. Doesn't look good at all. The secret is really to put a piece of tape over those water inlet holes above the prop but under the keg.....remove after flush of course.

Just my obsessive nature.......

DES
              not much of a secret when it's listed in the 'how to flush' motor section of the owner/user manual for all suzuki 4s lol

Comment

You read the owner/user manual!!!
                "Exploring all the ways not to do it!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kfish View Post
                  You read the owner/user manual!!!
                  it helps to know the break in procedure ,service intervals and types of oil used and also saves the need to post questions on forums for basic stuff like this. 😉

Comment

Wes80..........Where would be the fun in that.

I got stranded in the first 2 months of owning my tub and Suzuki as the oil pressure light came on. It was only after consulting the gurus on this website that I found out many had suffered a similar problem destroying members fishing holidays etc.

Suzuki in its wisdom use the oil pressure light as the "Its time for service" reminder

Scared the crap out of me though.....lol

I know, I know, read the manual!
                    4.1 SC 40hp Suzuki 4 stroke

Comment

Originally posted by Nog View Post
                      Are you sure that was an overheating alarm or just your 20 hour service alarm. I've been conned by that on before. Pull your kill switch on and off three times to deactivate it.
                      Resurrecting this one:

I had the 20hr service done at 16 and last weekend the bloody alarm started pinging. I remembered reading this here, but i called the dealer who did the service anyway and they said "Turn on the key, pull the lanyard off the kill switch and pull the switch 3 times to reset."

Perfect information from Nog!!

Comment

Working...
                      X