Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To repower or not to repower

Hey PB doodes,

getting to repower time on the ole 4.1. The Tohatsu 2004 40hp has served me well but age is creeping up on me and power trim n tilt plus a 4st is appealing to me. She has been a trusty beast, i have done the services myself and it still runs good but no smoke and PT&T is soo nice to look forward to.

Whats a new 40 or 50hp gunna sting me? 8k?
    Habes
    Far North Coast NSW

"Tight lines and white knuckles"

*** 4.1 Challenger Open *** 40 Hp Tohatsu *** 55lb MinnKota AP ***

Hey habes,

I recently priced a new merc 60 4 stroke from the local merc dealer in nsw for 9500 fitted with standard gauges, a while ago when i was chasing up quotes they were around the same price and 500 less for a 50 hp 4 stroke.

i got a new 50 merc 2 stroke (PT&T, Forward controls) a few years ago fitted for 7750 with 5 years warranty! Cheapest new 50hp i could find in adelaide region and Still about the same price now! I havn't had any issues with my 50 and surprisingly good on fuel! Had a 40 yamaha before hand, terrible holeshot!

not sure on other brand prices, hope this gives you some useful info!

Comment

Bris Yamaha list their 50 at $7500, PBO wont let me post the link to the site, but if you google Brisbane Yamaha you will find it pretty easy.
      One of my friends had a 50hp four stroke Suzuki on his old 4.1 and he absolutely loved it!
      Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
        Bris Yamaha list their 50 at $7500, PBO wont let me post the link to the site, but if you google Brisbane Yamaha you will find it pretty easy.
        One of my friends had a 50hp four stroke Suzuki on his old 4.1 and he absolutely loved it!
        Thats not too shabby at all. Will look them up.
        Habes
        Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Originally posted by Sconner 6062 View Post
          Hey habes,

I recently priced a new merc 60 4 stroke from the local merc dealer in nsw for 9500 fitted with standard gauges, a while ago when i was chasing up quotes they were around the same price and 500 less for a 50 hp 4 stroke.

i got a new 50 merc 2 stroke (PT&T, Forward controls) a few years ago fitted for 7750 with 5 years warranty! Cheapest new 50hp i could find in adelaide region and Still about the same price now! I havn't had any issues with my 50 and surprisingly good on fuel! Had a 40 yamaha before hand, terrible holeshot!

not sure on other brand prices, hope this gives you some useful info!
          thanks, seems the 7-8k is the 50hp range price.

now to find a rockbar to break the Tohatsu, as thats the only way I get one at this stage.

is it worth selling the old motor thou?

Habes
          Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Definitely worth selling the 40, anything you get for it will help offset the price of the new donk!
            Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Comment

Then I saw a Red 4.5 Side console with 70hp and 27hrs for 13k. Thats only 5 k change over if I sell the 4.1. Thats a cheaper option.

In two minds. The 4.5 opens offshore up , but I have mate with 6m Savage thats a gem to go outside, big safe and roomy.
              Habes
              Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Working...
              X