Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Gauge not working

Hi All,

Trying to figure out how to get my fuel gauge to work? it doesn't register on the dial, on the dash.

I know the tank is under the floor in the middle, would I have to rip up the floor? then what?

Any advice is appreciated.

Cheers,

OD

Usually the floor is easy enough to lift, you just need the right sized hex bit for your drill. Fixing fuel gauges is a black art, that I claim no success with. Check power is there and at the gauge. If it's the gauge itself I step down for those smarter than me.
    When I was a boy....

Comment

Luckily Im one of the many many members smarter than Doug and can help you out with this one OD.

I also have a 5.3 and I had to disable the sender on my fuel tank because they stripped the thread where it was fitted into the top of the tank. I could smell the fumes and it was a worry there could have been an electrical fault with the sender.

So I lifted the floor, sealed the sender, disconnected and insulated the electrics. I look at the fuel height in the tank from the hatch at the back. Its easy to tell what percentage of the 130ltr of fuel is in the tank before hitching the trailer.
      5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Yes, technology has always been a mystery to polyFrank. I'm reliably informed that both his Mk 1 eyeballs are giving out as well. Not surprising when you know his secret life. No wonder Mrs polyFrank keeps outfishing him.
        When I was a boy....

Comment

Working...
        X