Announcement

Collapse

Clock's ticking

I need to have a volunteer to take over as El Presidente by the 20th.

I went to the doc this afternoon and I've had an entirely new pathology added to my already lengthy list. Soon I may be needing a guide dog and a white stick and I've never met a Labrador yet that can type, never mind the spilling and pinctuation;

I really am serious guys - I am no longer able or willing to do the few simple tasks required to keep the site running. Can I have a volunteer even if he thinks that he can palm it off later. It isn't that difficult altho someone with computer skills and an interest could do a lot with the "raw" site.

Over to you, Blue Leader (I was RAF, so that makes sense if you fought in the Battle of Britain like me.)
See more
See less

40k's offshore, on a home made skiff, catching a 170lb marlin...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40k's offshore, on a home made skiff, catching a 170lb marlin...

I'm quite a fan of Timmy Turtle, but this is more commitment that I'd be willing to put in.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFtmh0ugs5w

That's astonishing - better him than me!
    When I was a boy....

Comment

Having a motor bigger than 9.9hp it beats me how that could be legal.
      5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Interesting; what's the deal with that Frank? Is there a limit to home made vessels or something?

Comment

I got that wrong about the 9.9hp, that’s for needing a boat licence to drive a vessel above that power.
          A vessel with a motor above 4hp has to be registered, to get that he would have to go through the “Queensland Regulated Ship Registration Application” bullshit to get it.

Comment

Ah, gotya.
            Wonder if that gives you a builders plate or if you need to do that separately. Might do some reading on that tonight, as it sounds interesting.

Comment

40k offshore on that thing, he must be mad.

Only a couple of times have I been caught out in Moreton Bay when it has suddenly turned nasty and there is no way in those conditions would he be able to stand on that thing.
              Last edited by polyFrank; 19-05-2019, 08:59.

Comment

Working...
              X