Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do from DevoDave

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm living on a 38 foot sailing catamaran and I'm halfway through a circumnavigation of OZ, just about to leave Broome heading south.

Looking to replace my inflatable tender as its a bit shabby.

I come here seeking knowledge.

Wow, that would be the life. I presume you are after a Poly material boat if you are seeking advice here. The 3m tough tender sounds like the rig your after.

I take it your 38 footer has a winch ?

Thanks,
    Jason

Comment

Firstly DevoDave, I am envious,secondly I am envious.Are you sure you are not the founder of this forum,Dave who sank his trimaran lol,Doug chime in at anytime with more info on the sinking of the SS Dave.Do you tow lure behind the cat,would be a good trolling speed.Where is the end of your trip to do the full circle ?
      Cheers
      Giffo

I don't get drunk ! I get awsome !

Comment

Welcome Devo Dave, enjoy the weather up there mate it looks mint for thier Billfish Tornament that kicked off today. I'm down the coast in Karratha but you don't want to be replacing a boat here as you'll pay twice as much for it.
        Bruce Simpson - Beer Drinking and Bullshitting Expert!
        Ex Karratha W.A
        Now Darwin, wild man's country.

Pioneer 197 Sportfish - 175hp Honda

Comment

Well, the old tender lasted another half a continent. It was stolen last night in the Moruya River, NSW while we slept. Huge bummer as I now have no way to get to/from shore.

What options do I have now? Tuff Tender at 3.0m is about as small as I want to go, but the dealer called Polycraft and they tell me I can't hang it from davits without taking the motor off when underway.

Smartwave 2400 is too small, Smartwave 3500 is WAY too heavy.

Anything on the market at around the 3.0m size I should look at? I'm not certain the platform at the front of the Piranha suits our usage, but I'm asking them.

The inflatable was 75kg before adding a 36kg 15HP Yamaha. I had 5:1 pulleys to lift that up, so I'm not wanting much more than 110-120kg total weight.

Comment

Working...
          X