Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member Adelaide

Hi Guys

My name is Kelvin. Current land based and kayak fisherman. I am based in Adelaide and usually do ok on the local species squid, gar, whiting and the odd snapper if I am lucky. I've been in the market for a Smartwave 4800 and have some money down with Cunningham Marine awaiting delivery. Looking at getting a centre console. Most of my fishing with be in the gulf and I should have the ability to beach launch as well as have enough size and safety to head out to the deeper snapper drops.

Hi Kevin and welcome to the forum.
    5.3 walk through cuddy – 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke – 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

G'day Kevin, welcome.
      Sounds like exciting times ahead. Have you got an ETA for delivery?
      Keen to hear on motor and options you went with, if you're happy to share.

Comment

Still waiting to hear ETA. Getting a bit worried that Cunningham Marine might go under. I'll already paid half the price.

Going with a 60 HP Mercury, 60L fuel tank, bait board, fish finder with down scan and trolling motor bracket. Longterm plan will be a TTop, electric anchor winch, trolling motor and extra side scan unit.

Comment

Geez, I hope not.
          How long has it been on order for?
          Maybe Smartwave NZ have a backlog or something...hopefully.
          That'll be a nice machine indeed.

Comment

Deposit paid in October 2018. Apparently Smartwave have changed the mold and still doing water testing

Comment

Am I right in thinking that Cunningham Marine have been bust before? (Sorry to cheer you up, Kelvin!)
              When I was a boy....

Comment

You are correct Doug. They went bust when my poly was on order. I think from memory the current Cunningham’s is run by the uncle or brother in law (a family member anyway) of the original owners who went bust years back. I guess they might have the taste for it.
                I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelvin View Post
                  Deposit paid in October 2018. Apparently Smartwave have changed the mold and still doing water testing
                  If you've not already Kevin, might be worth confirming this with Smartwave for some peace of mind. If it's true, then the delay may be explicable and there may be nothing untoward. If Smartwave suggest it's not correct, you're at least able to get on the front foot and force the issue with Cunningham Marine.

Comment

Working...
                  X