Announcement

Collapse

Clock's ticking

I need to have a volunteer to take over as El Presidente by the 20th.

I went to the doc this afternoon and I've had an entirely new pathology added to my already lengthy list. Soon I may be needing a guide dog and a white stick and I've never met a Labrador yet that can type, never mind the spilling and pinctuation;

I really am serious guys - I am no longer able or willing to do the few simple tasks required to keep the site running. Can I have a volunteer even if he thinks that he can palm it off later. It isn't that difficult altho someone with computer skills and an interest could do a lot with the "raw" site.

Over to you, Blue Leader (I was RAF, so that makes sense if you fought in the Battle of Britain like me.)
See more
See less

New Townsville Member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Croke View Post

That is going to be my plan. Instead of using a car winch I'm looking at getting an ATV winch to do the job.
    Nice!! Pics when you're done? Be keen to see what you come up with.

Originally posted by Croke View Post
    My only concern is about attaching the rear ropes to the boat as I'm not sure if a bolted on handle will cope with the weight. I had also thought about replacing the transom bolts with some eye bolts as an alternative lifting point.
    Replacing the transom bolts with eye bolts is a pretty fair idea; also easy to do. Only downside might be that you'll loose some stability when you're winching up the boat, as you'll be closer to the axis around which it'll want to roll.
    I can think of 2 other ways, but both would required a lathe and both are probably overkill for the task, when a simple hand on the gunnel while lifting will sort any issues associated with using the transom bolt idea.

Comment

The roof racks will take a few weeks to make but I will put an update when I get it finished.

Comment

Welcome. I see you are sporting the best colour too!
        Are you running a two battery setup? Or one big sucka?
        Habes
        Far North Coast NSW

"Tight lines and white knuckles"

*** 4.1 Challenger Open *** 40 Hp Tohatsu *** 55lb MinnKota AP ***

Comment

Originally posted by Habes View Post
          Welcome. I see you are sporting the best colour too!
          Are you running a two battery setup? Or one big sucka?
          Currently just using a 120ah AGM but I see a second battery in my future

Comment

Working...
          X