Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redcliffe session today

Good job pF a few more runs on the board.

Nice one frank!

There was a small bream comp held on sunday based out of spinnaker and the top 3 teams all had their success at Redcliffe!
    Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

Thanks Frank,
    First, I appreciated meeting and greeting, and your sharing of fishing info.
    Nice to see your continuing success.
    I'm a while before I can get out due to my shoulder.
    Great weather at this moment in the passage and around Bribie.
    I know Doug will get excited when I talk about "the passage".
    "Pumicestone" Doug.
    Haha!
    Best wishes to all
    Bluey.
    Bluey
    Smartwave 4800

Thanks bluey and nice to have met you, Sorry to hear about your shoulder as this weeks weather looks great for wetting a line.
    Redcliffe is a good spot for Bream MG. Also for Snapper, though I suspect more of a dawn- dusk thing for Snapper.
    5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Went for a fish at my marks at Scarborough and Redcliffe today.
    My favourite spot at Scarborough is a gap between two bits of reef, at low tide its about 4mtr deep and I like to position the boat so the burley trail is more or less going down it.
    Positioned the boat as to where I thought it would be right, threw a bit of burley over the side to check and up came about 20 little fish who scoffed the lot. So, gave that spot away and went over to Redcliffe.
    Bream being the target as usual, a few small Snapper also boated with only one making 35cm. A small Mackerel of about 45cm took one of the wifes offerings, so I drifted pilies for a while and boated two more of the same size. Figured they were all going to be small, so went back to fishing for Bream.
    All in all, a great day out on the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Frank,
    Well done.
    You seem to produce consistent successful results.
    Can't wait to get out and have a crack.
    I'm cranking up the merc tomorrow to top up batteries.
    A good sign for about 3 weeks time I recon.
    Gotta get aggressive with my shoulder rehab.
    Only thing holding me up.
    Would also like to put a good word in for Garmin Aust. at this stage.
    I have two Garmins on board, one is flush mounted in the Centre console and the other gimbal mounted at the side of the console.
    The gimbal mounted 751xs GPS Map got some water corrosion damage on its plug side which faces any potential spray.
    Garmin is sending me a refurbished unit at a very good price, as the unit is out of warranty.
    Always nice to acknowledge good service and customer oriented policies.
    Bluey
    Bluey
    Smartwave 4800

Great weather for a trip over Deception bay to Redcliffe at the moment bluey, maybe getting your mate to do all the grunt work with the boat maybe the go.

Thanks Frank,
    He is strong but has about 15 stents in various places and knocks up very quickly on exertion.
    On another note, he was a cement contractor most of his life working across the Pilbara to Brisbane and the rest.
    He is the most unlikely guy to be such a good cook.
    So I am a recipient of some delightful bush cooking creations.
    Regards
    Bluey
    Bluey
    Smartwave 4800

Had a fish over at Redcliffe and Scarborough today for Bream, big expectations at Redcliffe as it has been producing a good bag of Bream over the last few trips. Today we couldnt even find an undersized one, plenty of Pike and pickers, but nothing else.
    After a couple of hours gave it away and fished a spot at Scarborough, slightly away from all noisy anchor chain clattering 2 stroke mob.
    Plenty of undersize stuff but very happy with what we took home and the wife landed her PB Bream of nearly 40cm.

Quote Originally Posted by polyFrank View Post
    slightly away from all noisy anchor chain clattering 2 stroke mob.
    gee they are annoying!

mr consistency frank, good on ya!
    Just wingin it.

White 4.55 SC, 60HP Yamaha 4st.

nice haul of bream Polyfrank, water temps in my local spot are 15deg so the bream are sketchy and thin on the bite

Well done as usual polyFrank.

Never really took much notice of the water temperature Steve540, but then in your area it may make a big difference.
    Where I fish its more of a seasonal thing, the Summer whiting will show up on the Bribie beaches around late September.
    Keeper size Grassies wont appear in numbers in the Bribie passage till late November.
    The Bream Im catching at the moment will stop congregating together and be more spread out at the end of August because they have finished spawning.
    I suppose it has a lot to do with water temperature, also to do with habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefish View Post
    I have not bought bait for at least 20 years. If I can't catch it I don't use it or I use lures/fly. With a cast net, yabby pump, sabinki bait jigs and squid jigs I always manage to get fresh bait and I store some extra in the freezer or brine it down.
    I freeze unused bait, bread, fish rib cages, old rice and cereal and put it through a mincer into a fish tub and use a paddle to mix it with tuna/pilchard oil and old vegetable oil along with chicken pellets if I have them. This is then packed into 2L milk containers with the top cut off but the handle retained. These are put in a mesh bag over the back of the boat or hung off the anchor chain. They take a day to empty in winter and half a day in summer depending on current and temperature. This does not make the noise pounding a burly bucket does.
    good tip
    CHEERS Bruce

Lean pickings at Redcliffe and Scarborough today, just 4 keeper Bream 25-29cm for 4 hours fishing.
    If its as slow as that next time will have to go for the old standby at this time of year, Winter Whiting. Plenty getting caught at the moment, another poly owner at the ramp, which turned out to be Big Squire and his mate, had 60.

Poly,
    maybe you need to switch to single malt. Haha !
    Would you like to elaborate that berley impregnated with single malt is explosive on strikes in Pumicestone - Bay area.
    I apologise in advance Poly.
    Just being a B.
    Take care
    Bluey
    Bluey
    Smartwave 4800

Headed off to our usual mark at Redcliffe today from Bribie, surprised to see so few boat trailers there were in the carpark as the forecast was good.
    Same as last two trips it was void of anything worth catching, so thought of giving another spot nearby in much shallower water a go.
    Its a decent size bit of reef structure and though I know of it have never fished it before. Got up current from it, spot locked and got the burley going. Lots of small Bream getting boated with 13 making the esky and one stonker of 40cm.
    Nobody fishing anywhere near us and I think that contributed a lot to the success.