Thread: Thread size

Default Thread size

Hi guys, just fitted a downrigger to my SW4800. I'm going to make another myself from a stiff rod butt with heavy line on a reel. I want to be able to bolt the rod holder to the gunwale using one of the brass threaded inserts that are redundant on the centre console boats (used to bolt on the cuddy) I've tried numerous bolts but all are just to big/small or wrong thread pitch.
    Any SW4800 owners here help?
    A day out on my boat - fish or no fish, beats a day stuck in the house - FACT

SW4800 CC + Yamaha 60 EFi. Tohatsu 5 Aux
    Honwave 3.8 Airflooor + Mariner 15 2 stroke

from memory those ones already on the hull dont go down deeep enough, so your better off using somethign else. it only goes down about 5mm or so

also maybe a confusion between imperial and metric threads

Thanks guys, will look at other ideas.
    A day out on my boat - fish or no fish, beats a day stuck in the house - FACT

SW4800 CC + Yamaha 60 EFi. Tohatsu 5 Aux
    Honwave 3.8 Airflooor + Mariner 15 2 stroke

Email Smartwave - Advantage Plastics - I have found them very helpful previously and they should be able to tell you thread size and type.
    (info@adplasnz.com)

I had a similar issue with the SW4200 when installing a bait board at the back. From memory the metric threads would go in a little and then pop out. After a few trails and error an imperial bolt fitted. Cant remeber if it was 3/8 or 7/16 but it is the less common of the two.