Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Poly Boat Owner Forum for Polycraft, Smartwave, Mac & Bushman boats

Hi Poly Boat Owner Visitors & Welcome to the forum. If you like what you see why don't you join, its free. Click on the signup button in the top RIGHT corner and follow instructions below. You are welcome to browse the site and see topics but content is now restricted to members only.

Automatic registration is turned on.

1. Choose a username that is at least 5 characters or more long
2. Choose a password that is 8 characters long which also contains a capital and a number.
3. Enter your contact email address
4. Enter the text in Captcha screen - yes it is case sensitive
5. Click on terms and conditions to agree
6. Click on "Complete Signup" button
7. Check your email for the activation link, click on the link to activate account.
8. Post a hello in the welcome area and tell us a bit about yourself, boat or looking , fishing etc...

We look forward to hearing from you. Please enjoy the forum and its members, just don't do anything that's offensive or "spammy".

Any probs contact us on email: polyboatowner@gmail.com

Habes, Dfer and IamSam
Site Admins
See more
See less

SW4200 - Control cable and steering cable lengths

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW4200 - Control cable and steering cable lengths

Hi all,

Just after some information from the brains trust. How do I calculate the correct length for control cable and steering cable for a boat?

I am getting ready to take delivery of a SW4200 CC (centre console) and need to make sure I have the right length cables. Any tips? How long are these cables?

Cheers!

Howdy,

Had a look at my cables and I can't see any markings indicating length. On the weekend I'll do some measuring.
    2020 Smartwave 4200 Centre Console & 2020 50hp Mercury 4-Stroke.

Comment

Hi,

OK, the approx. lengths I have measured are:

Throttle - 3.0m from the control box to the motor.
      Steering - 3.7m from the steering hub to the steering tube ion the motor.

Better to be a bit longer than shorter as there is room underfloor for any excess cable.

Hope this helps
      2020 Smartwave 4200 Centre Console & 2020 50hp Mercury 4-Stroke.

Comment

That's great. Thank you for that The Mariner!

Comment

Working...
        X