Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Your Help is required - Can you spare $5 to keep the site running

Hi PBO's, its that time again to put my hand in the pocket and pay the sites fees. Which has been done.

If you have benefited from the info on the site, please become a member and kick in $5.

This year they are $129 for web hosting and $79 for the Security Certificate (SSL).

Paypalsend to email: polyboatowner@gmail.com or email that address for account details.

thanks in advance

Habes
2 of 2 < >

Welcome to the Poly Boat Owner Forum for Polycraft, Smartwave, Mac & Bushman boats

Hi Poly Boat Owner Visitors & Welcome to the forum. If you like what you see why don't you join, its free. Click on the signup button in the top RIGHT corner and follow instructions below. You are welcome to browse the site and see topics but content is now restricted to members only.

Automatic registration is turned on.

1. Choose a username that is at least 5 characters or more long
2. Choose a password that is 8 characters long which also contains a capital and a number.
3. Enter your contact email address
4. Enter the text in Captcha screen - yes it is case sensitive
5. Click on terms and conditions to agree
6. Click on "Complete Signup" button
7. Check your email for the activation link, click on the link to activate account.
8. Post a hello in the welcome area and tell us a bit about yourself, boat or looking , fishing etc...

We look forward to hearing from you. Please enjoy the forum and its members, just don't do anything that's offensive or "spammy".

Any probs contact us on email: polyboatowner@gmail.com

Habes, Dfer and IamSam
Site Admins
See more
See less

Cough, splutter, sneeze, gasp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cough, splutter, sneeze, gasp

I thought it wasn't right that PBO was the only publication in the world that wasn't talking about Covid 19, so I thought i'd start a thread. There has to be something amusing in the topic...

Maybe the price of second hand plastic boats will fall? Will an Etec survive a pandemic? Do fish carry the virus or is it your kids. Are you stockpiling spiderwire? Can you afford to buy a few of Jimbo's lures. Will there be enough humming birds to keep the Etec going? Will the boat and six jerrycans get you to an uninhabited island off Vanuatu. Will I have to ditch the missus and the heaviest child? (keep the young ones - they don't each much and they're very tender.

I'm writing this from the top of the death pyramid; male, 70+, with more diseases than I can spell, so reply quickly or it'll be too late.
    When I was a boy....

Some of my mates have taken quite well to social isolation , especially when it comes to washing the boat when we get back from a fish. Lucky it’s a Polycraft and doesn’t need much love.

Comment

It’s going to be very interesting when the epidemic hits Bribie, where most of the population already have one foot in the grave.
      It’s going to be like the bubonic plague “bring out your dead…bring out your dead”.
      At least there will be a lot more parking space at the boat ramp.
      5.3 walk through cuddy 115hp Suzuki 4 stroke 80lb Minn Kota

Comment

Gee Frank, I always assumed that some sort of virus had already gone through Bribie...
        When I was a boy....

Comment

That was a mental disorder Doug, the plague is yet to come.
          The wife and I used to do one or two cruises around the world per year, currently have two booked which are now on hold.
          Looking at the way things are going I will have snuffed it before cruising gets back to normal.

Comment

Just hoping we can still fish and maintain 1,5m , thou when the mackeral run it gets pretty tight on the local hotspots.

We are staying at home atm with the kids. Lucky we both work gov jobs in IT, so not a big change when did a few days from home anyway. Damn NBN is taking a hit. Keeping kids of Youtube is a challenge. .

Once I get the casting deck done I am planning a few hunter gather river sessions for Flatty’s , crab and shark. Well up river and away from anyway, but Capt Morrison is not making it very clear.

Check out Sammy J from Abc helping to clear it up
            what the gov is trying to tell us. Clear as mud.
            https://youtu.be/5LxVvLiPcaY

Doug n PF just use plenty single malt sanitizer, preferably in the mouth region, no ice. Repeat and rinse.

Stay safe PBO’s.
            Habes
            Far North Coast NSW

Comment

stage 3 now, so no fishing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug View Post
                I thought it wasn't right that PBO was the only publication in the world that wasn't talking about Covid 19, so I thought i'd start a thread. There has to be something amusing in the topic...

Maybe the price of second hand plastic boats will fall? Will an Etec survive a pandemic? Do fish carry the virus or is it your kids. Are you stockpiling spiderwire? Can you afford to buy a few of Jimbo's lures. Will there be enough humming birds to keep the Etec going? Will the boat and six jerrycans get you to an uninhabited island off Vanuatu. Will I have to ditch the missus and the heaviest child? (keep the young ones - they don't each much and they're very tender.

I'm writing this from the top of the death pyramid; male, 70+, with more diseases than I can spell, so reply quickly or it'll be too late.
                Hi Doug, how did you deal with the Spanish flu back in 17ADTF? (After Doug Turned Fifty)

Frank I have heard there has been at least 1 confirmed case on the island, with two grandparents on Bribie I hope it doesn't take hold. Cripple the bridge, full isolation?
                4.8 CC Brumby, 3m Piranha. Sunshine Coast.

Comment

McG, we used the old recipe from Macbeth - "eye of newt and toe of frog” . Fortunately all the newts were easy to catch as they all seem to be pissed. I suppose they did come from Scotland...

I was lucky - I was still trying to get a lift back to Blighty from Waterloo.

As for blowing up the Bribie bridge, we have to make sure you-know-who is at home when we fire the charges.
                  When I was a boy....

Comment

Funny how women’s sense of humour is totally different to men.
                    I happened to mention this thread on the forum about the virus and my statement about their being more parking space at the ramp if most of the boaties were dead.
                    Didn’t get the funny side at all, very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple5ive View Post
                      stage 3 now, so no fishing!!
                      According to NSW Fisheries ok:
                      http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/...ing%20in%20NSW

NSW Maritime says not really:
                      http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/...virus-outbreak

Clear as mud.

Go fishin I say and keep away from most people when you do it.
                      Habes
                      Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Originally posted by Habes View Post

According to NSW Fisheries ok:
                        http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/...ing%20in%20NSW

NSW Maritime says not really:
                        http://www.fishingworld.com.au/news/...virus-outbreak

Clear as mud.

Go fishin I say and keep away from most people when you do it.
                        im sure the non essential travel fine worth 11k will change your mind mate!

Best thing for everyone now is to STFAH

https://www.9news.com.au/national/co...3-757cd369096a

Comment

I have now made the call that I wont be taking the boat out for a while which hurts as id love to test out my new cast deck and it is one of my favourite times of the year to fish. I may still go for a land based flick while walking the dog in local areas where I do not see other people.

In my mind taking the boat out is an unnecessary fuel stop then boat ramp usage, however land based I am so close to home and there is no human interaction (just how I like it)
                          4.8 CC Brumby, 3m Piranha. Sunshine Coast.

Comment

It's official - no boating or fishing allowed in Queensland. If you went fishing from the shore I guess they could have you for not falling into a category that is allowed to be outside
                            When I was a boy....

Comment

Wrong…… Boating and fishing is allowed in QLD as long as it fits certain guidelines.
                              Included in those guidelines is fishing with only two onboard unless from the same household.

Comment

Working...
                              X