Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Poly Boat Owner Forum for Polycraft, Smartwave, Mac & Bushman boats

Hi Poly Boat Owner Visitors & Welcome to the forum. If you like what you see why don't you join, its free. Click on the signup button in the top RIGHT corner and follow instructions below. You are welcome to browse the site and see topics but content is now restricted to members only.

Automatic registration is turned on.

1. Choose a username that is at least 5 characters or more long
2. Choose a password that is 8 characters long which also contains a capital and a number.
3. Enter your contact email address
4. Enter the text in Captcha screen - yes it is case sensitive
5. Click on terms and conditions to agree
6. Click on "Complete Signup" button
7. Check your email for the activation link, click on the link to activate account.
8. Post a hello in the welcome area and tell us a bit about yourself, boat or looking , fishing etc...

We look forward to hearing from you. Please enjoy the forum and its members, just don't do anything that's offensive or "spammy".

Any probs contact us on email: polyboatowner@gmail.com

Habes, Dfer and IamSam
Site Admins
See more
See less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all.

I am in Sydney and have owned both glass and alloy boats but have no experience with poly boats at all. I am trying to decide between the Polycraft 4.5, the Smartwave 4800 and the Quantum Cat Mirage 4800. I will be using the boat for boating around, amateur (as opposed to the high tech many recreational fishers are doing now) fishing and exploring. I will be using the boat in Sydney Harbour, Botany Bay and Port Hacking but would love to explore some of the smaller rivers and creeks around the place and hopefully do some boat camping. I can find almost no information on the Quantum Cat so would really appreciate any feedback/ info.

Arif

Welcome Arif, Lots of information here on the 4.5 poly, some on the Smartwave, but not a lot on the Quantum cat. Give the search bar at the top of the page a workout to find articles posted by other members.

If you feel inclined please feel free to start a thread outlining your thoughts on the three hulls, especially the Quantum cat. Im not familiar with Sydney waters but hopefully one of the other members will be able to offer some sound advice.

Sam.
    I believe in Karma. That means I can do bad things to people all day long and I assume they deserve it.

Comment

Welcome Arif, plenty of 4.5 and 4.8 Smartwave owners here. Depends if going solo or taking family. Bigger is better but storage and towing can be a factor as well as launching solo. Have not heard too much on here about Quantum. I have a 4.5 but mainly sportfish from it and live close to water, so rarely camp with it. I have taken the swag and camped at Minnie Waters and beach launched. Was an experience indeed that went ok. Best to keep my 4x4 away from the salt. Either hull should get you up into smaller waters.

regards
      Habes
      Habes
      Far North Coast NSW

Comment

Working...
      X