Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Poly Boat Owner Forum for Polycraft, Smartwave, Mac & Bushman boats

Hi Poly Boat Owner Visitors & Welcome to the forum. If you like what you see why don't you join, its free. Click on the signup button in the top RIGHT corner and follow instructions below. You are welcome to browse the site and see topics but content is now restricted to members only.

Automatic registration is turned on.

1. Choose a username that is at least 5 characters or more long
2. Choose a password that is 8 characters long which also contains a capital and a number.
3. Enter your contact email address
4. Enter the text in Captcha screen - yes it is case sensitive
5. Click on terms and conditions to agree
6. Click on "Complete Signup" button
7. Check your email for the activation link, click on the link to activate account.
8. Post a hello in the welcome area and tell us a bit about yourself, boat or looking , fishing etc...

We look forward to hearing from you. Please enjoy the forum and its members, just don't do anything that's offensive or "spammy".

Any probs contact us on email: polyboatowner@gmail.com

Habes, Dfer and IamSam
Site Admins
See more
See less

Suzuki DF60A on Poly 450 opinions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki DF60A on Poly 450 opinions ?

Has anyone had any experience with Suzuki DF60A (60hp) on the back of a poly 450 front runner ?

Are the reliable motors ? How do they compare to the equivalent Yamaha 60 hp 4 stroke ?

Hi Engelbert67, I had a Suzuki DF60A on my 455cc (upgraded from the DF50.) It was an excellent motor,plenty of power and super economical on fuel. I never had any issues with it and would highly recommend it. I have since changed to a 4.8 Brumby cuddy with a 90 Yamaha. The only reason I went with the Yammy was a promotion at the time making $1000 price difference. To be honest if they had been the same price I would probably gone with the Suzuki. The two Suzukis that I had were both excellent. The 60 should go really well on your frontrunner.
    I wasn't born stupid I took lessons!!

Comment

Thanks mate....I’ve just bought a 2nd hand 2011 poly 450 front runner...it has a 2011 DF60A on the back with only 110 hours....I’m getting motor serviced and checked....but assuming it’s all good I will buy it....hoping it will last me many trouble free years...thanks for your advice !

Comment

Had my 455cc for 10 years was the perfect boat for me. The upgrade to the DF60A was well worth it, I recon it used less fuel than the DF50. Changed to the Brumby for a bit more comfort and protection from the weather in my older years. Had a Minn-Kota on the front to sneak up on the flathead,then spotlock. They didn't stand a chance.

Comment

Sounds good ! Yep min Kota is probably only add on I will get at some point....mine has underfloor 70 litre tank....anything I should be wary of with underfloor tank ?

Comment

Check out my posts in the Repair & Maintenance section re Fuel leaking into bilge and Brass fittings in poly tanks. Three of us have had fuel leaks from the rear breather on the 70lt underfloor tank (all late model Brumbys). I would lift the floor and check for any leaks at the rear breather. Polycraft blocked off the rear breather because guys had issues with fuel blowing out of the breather when accellerating. Changeing the fitting resulted in leaks between the brass insert and the poly tank.

Comment

That’s sounds complicated so I’ll let the dealer do that when it’s serviced....I’m not really mechanically minded....

Comment

Mate can you tell me what size prop you used for sf60a on your poly ? What is the recommended size prop for this motor on this boat ?

Comment

Cannot remember what prop was on the old boat. Try phoning George at Nowra Power Boats(0409 008 888). He installed the motor and is really helpful.

Comment

I had this setup for 10yrs with no issues, 160hrs only on Suzuki but over 1000hrs on the bow mount electric. Loved the fuel economy from the suzy

Comment

Working...
                    X